As a freelance marketing/technology consultant I often get the opportunity to work on fun and interesting projects. That is the glamorous part of the job. But I also have to manage aspects of my job that other people used to handle. Stuff like client relations, new business development, billing, and administrative stuff. Not so much fun.
Luckily there is no shortage of web-based applications to help deal with these painful processes. The following are six applications that are essential to my business:
1. Basecamp: Project management
2. ConceptShare: Design collaboration
3. FreshBooks: Invoicing and expense tracking
4. Campaign Monitor: Powerful electronic newsletters application
5. WordPress: Blogging and content management system
6. Zoho Meeting: Web conferencing
Obviously there are many others out there, but I’ve found these suit my needs perfectly.