- Hack your way out of writer’s block: “Literally. Put five completely random words on
- a piece of paper. Write five more words. Try a sentence. Could be about anything. A block ends when you start making words on a page.”
- Solve problems by writing a note to yourself: “Seriously, open up your email program, type in your own email address, then choose a brilliant subject line that perfectly encapsulates your particular problem.”
- Do a fast mind-sweep: “And as long as you let that stuff accumulate as chunky deposits on the edges of your perception, it’s very unlikely it’ll get done since—well—they won’t get done until they’re been captured and properly started, right?”
- Cringe-Busting your TODO list: “Per cringe item, think honestly about why you’re freaked out about it. Seriously. What’s the hang-up? (Fear of failure? Dreading bad news? Angry you’re already way overdue?)”
- Patching your personal suck: “Every patch that fails teaches you a little something that might come in handy some day. Mistakes, as they say, can be a buddhist gift.
[Found via Boing Boing]